Saturday, June 06, 2009

Bad Bad Service

I seriously thnk that I have bad karma w the service provider SH; after the incident in March wrt to the HP mini Dar bought & his $200 contract, I was @ the brunt end of their horrid service again. Tis e email that I sent to them:

Issue 1
18th May: My husband called 1633 @ about 9pm to enquire about his billing for hp 9382 3840. He was told that starhub was undergoing a "system upgrade" and hence the officer would not be able to check for him. Just wondering, doesnt Starhub has any backup system??? He requested for a call back the following day, 19th May before 11am.
19th May: No one called my husband back. He thus had to call 1633 again in the afternoon. He was served by a guy named "Suren" who told him that it would take 3 days for him to check and get back to him. My husband then requested Suren to call him back before Fri, 22nd May as he was going overseas.
22nd May: I called 1633 and around 11.30am, and asked whether my husband was getting a call back that day. Ivan, who picked up my call told me that Suren would call my husband back that day. He told me that he would drop an email to Suren so that Suren would call my husband once he receive the email. I told Ivan that my husband would like Suren to call before 1pm that day.
TILL TODAY, NO ONE HAS CALLED MY HUSBAND!!!
Qn:
1) Doesn't Starhub have a backup system for the billing (or any other kinds of system?)
2) Why wasn't there a callback on 19th May when my husband has requested for one? It is always a time-consuming process to call 1633 as we always have to wait for no less than 10 min which is why cx request for a call-back.
3) Why didn't Suren call my husband back yesterday when Ivan told me that he would be calling him back? In any case, it has been more than 3 days and he told my husband that it would take him 3 days to check on the billing!
4) Don't you have a better system rather than just emailing the staff to call the customer back? What if the staff is on urgent leave/MC and cx is requesting an urgent call back? Shouldn't a manager be on hand to call cx back?

Issue 2
15th May: My husband went down to your shop at Plaza Singapura to renew his contract. As he didn't bring down his corporate pass, he was advised to go down personally to hand in a copy of his pass.
22nd May: I called to enquire whether we could fax in the pass instead (as is possible with other mobile providers). I was advised by Suren that it was not possible. However when I called your business hotline @ 1800-888-8888, I was told that I could fax in the pass, together with a letter. This is the 2nd time that I've encountered differing answers from your cx care.
23rd May: As I have left the number in the office, I called 1633 to ask for the number for corporate customers and was given the number 6725 9797. "Nora" who picked up the phone told me that as they have just shifted into the new office @ Ubi, she did not have any access to any system and also that I would have to fax in the request to the shop @ Plaza Singapura as the contract was resigned down that and to call 1633 for the fax number. This was not what was told to me the day before and she told me that it was a miscommunication. I told her then that i was quite sure that 1633 would NOT be able to provide me with the fax number and asked her then what should I do? She kept insisting that she did not have the system and irritated, I told her to ask the manager to call me as I did not want to keep calling 1633 as I always have to hold for almost 10 min. She said "ok" but HUNG UP THE PHONE ON ME before she could even get my details!!! What kind of cx service is this?!?!?!!?
Left with no choice, I had to call 1633 AGAIN, was given the business hotline number and FINALLY got the fax number!
Qn:
1) Why is it that there are always differing answers from your cx service staff? Isn't there some SOP or some general Q&A that the staff can follow? Failing which, shouldn't staff seek help from their supervisors if they are unsure of the answer?
2) I am extremely appalled by Nora's lack of service enthusiasm, especially for hanging up the phone on me! It looks like almost every department in Starhub has bad customer service, is this the image that you wish to project to your customer?


& to add oil to fire, they didn't reply me aft I sent this email. Luckily the gal who was following with me on the "Nora" case was nice & professional & when I told her that I have not received any reply (not even a confirmation email!), she gave me the email of the Head of Cx Svc. Which really worked coz I got a call back (although not by the head) b4 noon on Monday after sending the email on Sun.

The matter has more or less been settled on my part (Dar is still asking about his phone charges) & I got another year of free Auto-Roaming & Caller ID for Dar; so that makes it 2 years coz I already got 1 year free from the previous complaint. Which is good coz I was v against Dar signing on with Starhub again; wanted him to finish his contract & switch to my corporate plan coz I get free Auto-Roaming & Caller ID so this works out to be the same. The guy only offered me a 50% discount off the subscription @ first, which later changed to either Auto-Roaming or Caller ID & now we get both! ha... persistence pays man! I wonder what else I can ask for should I have to call them in again... kekekeke

Footnote: The guy called Dar back & cleared his queries on his billing. & he gave Dar 50% off his subscription for 2 months!!! (he only offered me 1... not fair! :P) means Dar will be saving over $200 in his bills for these 2 years!! I thnk i shd take e credit haha!

No comments: